Sunday, March 7, 2010

Still in the Kitchen

Last year I started blogging in March and wrote a post about how I was camp cooking in my new kitchen.We sat on a fireproof safe and boxes and ate around a school desk. We did not have a can opener to my dismay.

This year the kitchen is still a center of our home and... a highly sought place of power.
The kitchen is quite often a place where a struggle for dominance occurs... between my husband and myself, between the cats, between the cats and the dog, between the children and the dog...

I love to cook. I do not like to share the kitchen. I think it started with fighting with my mother over how something was supposed to be done... Now I do it.

My kitchen should not be a place of conflict!! I want my kitchen to be more like my Grandmother's. I want a place where the kids can learn about what I am doing and why. I want it to be a place where people enjoy food and feel a deep connection to it!!

This year, I have a can opener. This year I have a dining room and a dining room table. I love my kitchen still. Enough that I am still blogging about it and even gave it it's very own blog space. This year, mostly what I would like more than anything else... is to be the King of the Kitchen.

No comments: