Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Don't Know How I Screwed This One Up...

I promised failures! Well here's a good one; unfortunately rather typical for me.


You recognize this right?
Rice Krispies...
I decided to make Rice Krispie Treats because there was a sale on strawberry flavored marshmallows...

I have been waiting for the inspiration to make them but had not found quite the right time and the giant family sized box sat up on the shelf for 2 months at least.

Why I decided that Friday night was the perfect time to make these I do not know. One food taster in the hospital and the other in bed with a stomach bug and a very LARGE number of things on my mind...

 GIANT box plus TWO bags of marshmallows should equal a double batch.

EXCEPT... something distracted me. 6 Tablespoons of butter, 2 bags of strawberry marshmallows, and 6 cups of cereal. Wrong. For whatever reason I forgot the second 6 cups of cereal. It should have been 12 Cups.

The really dumb part was that after I had mixed it all up I actually added more cereal because it looked too marshmallowee. SO what I ended up with is:

Very Very Gooey, Very Strawberryee, Not So Crispy Rice Krispies.  

1 comment:

Dr John Peragine said...

A note to the devil that left this in the kitchen- uhhh they are almost gone and no one has helped me. They may be gooey- but they are (were) good.