Monday, March 15, 2010

My Husbands Favorite Burger

Cheeseburgers in Paradise is a song, a restaurant, and an actual burger. The Elder Food Taster loves the dockside burger that can be found as the Special at one of Jimmy Buffett's restaurants; Cheeseburgers in Paradise.

Jimmy gave the recipe for his epic burger to Emeril and it is posted on the Foodnetwork website. In the spirit of my sister's sandwich post I decided to follow the recipe and recreate my husband's favorite Buffett burger; The Dockside Burger.

The basic Cheeseburger in Paradise hamburger recipe uses these ingredients: ground beef salt, black pepper, garlic salt, onion salt and celery salt.

I modified (of course) to eliminate the plain salt and the salt in the onion salt; I just used onion powder.

The resulting burger was delicious! Drink it with a Landshark Lager for the full Buffett experience. You definitely could cut down on the salt and next time I may eliminate it entirely. That would mean garlic, onion, black pepper, and celery seed. (We are hard core lovers of a good Chicago Dog and therefor keep the spice cabinet stacked with celery seed.)

The Dockside Burger is one of the daily specials at Cheeseburger in Paradise; Thursday I think.  Unfortunately we could not remember specifically what it was topped with. Fortunately the Myrtle Beach restaurant is open on Sunday nights and we called to ask what was on it. I bet we made their night. "Ummmm Hi. We are grilling burgers and we wanted to make one just like yours..."

Jimmy Buffet's Cheeseburger in Paradise Dockside Burger:
Velveeta Cheese, onions, hamburger dills and sweet relish. 




Mine was the burger of my childhood:
Velveeta (cut from the block), onion, ketchup and mustard
(with maybe one pickle if I felt adventurous)

No comments: