Friday, March 12, 2010

Kerry's Sandwiches

Kerry Guest Blogs – Sandwich Recipes


Sandwich recipes seem silly. Anyone can make a sandwich, right? It’s essentially bread filled with some form of protein, veggies, and something squishy like mayo or mustard. You certainly don’t need a recipe to make one, but it’s something you might seriously want to try. I get much better results when I use a recipe for a sandwich, which is funny as I often forgo recipes on more complicated fare.

This week, I made this recipe!

Chicken and Roquefort Sandwiches from Cooking Light. After his first bite, my husband exclaimed, “I would pay $7 for this sandwich!” I can’t say that he has ever put a monetary value on my cooking before. Maybe it’s the PhD in economics he’s working on, or maybe it was just that good. I have chosen to believe the latter, and I wholeheartedly agree. It was a sandwich worth ordering at a restaurant. Preferably, with a side of the sweet potato fries posted on this very blog. Sandwiches are cheap and quick to make, and a recipe will reaffirm just how delicious they can be. Don’t fool yourself with a thrown together sandwich of your own design. Go for the real deal - use a recipe.

(Thanks Kerry! You have inspired me; I am going to make Jimmy Buffett's Cheeseburger in paradise this weekend... )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're inspired! Cheeseburger in Paradise sounds divine on a crappy March day.
-Kerry